BESAFE IZI GO MODULAR X1 I-SIZE
BESAFE IZI GO MODULAR X1 I-SIZE
- R129 approved
- 40cm to 75cm
- Approx birth to 12 months
This baby car seat is the new first step of the popular iZi Modular concept, which consists of a baby seat, a toddler seat and an ISOfix base (sold separately) that can be used with both seats. The BeSafe iZi Go Modular X1 i-Size fits onto the same ISOfix base as its predecessor and is newly equipped with 3 new features that not only implement parents’ feedback but also take safety and comfort to a new level. Certified as especially back-friendly by the German organisation AGR
- Advanced protection for the head area with the innovative Dynamic Force Absorber™
- Additional Side Impact Protection (SIP+) absorbs up to an additional 20% of forces
- 5-point harness for added stability in side impacts
- Wide harness belts and shoulder pads allow spreading forces over a larger area for increased safety
- Approved to the latest UN R129 (i-Size) regulation
- Soft Newborn Hugger™ with a cleverly placed wedge for stability, support and an optimized recline angle for newborns
- Newly designed head area with more internal space for the baby’s head
- High-quality materials
- Internal harness and headrest can easily be adjusted in one action
- Flexible and low reaching sun canopy with UPF50+, that can be used independently from the carrying handle
- Installs onto the iZi Modular i-Size base with just one click
- Magnetic Belt Assistants™ make getting in and out of the seat easy
- One of the most lightweight i-Size approved seats on the market
- Ergonomically shaped carrying handle to avoid bumping against the hips
- Can easily be clicked onto most leading strollers to form a Travel System
- Convenient release from the stroller by featuring two release handle options that are accessible with different stroller shapes
- Machine-washable cover can easily be taken off
The Dynamic Force Absorber™ is a state-of-the-art solution made of special materials and a construction of different flex-zones.
Its advanced design allows for a controlled bending in the inner area while staying more rigid in the outer frame, through which forces are optimally absorbed.
BESAFE IZI GO MODULAR TRAVEL SYSTEM
BeSafe iZi Go Modular X1 i-Size baby car seat is compatible with Yoyo, Thule, Mimi Luxe stroller, Qtus strollers, TFK strollers and other stroller brands with the appropriate adapters. Please refer to our stroller list. There are other compatible brands that we get in SA that are not on this list. Please confirm compatibility with your pram retailer.
The iZi Go Modular X1 was tested by ADAC in 2021 and rated it 1.3 for safety (very good) when installed with the iZi Modular isofix base OR when installed with just the seatbelt, with very low risk of injury in a frontal crash and very low risk of injury in a side impact.
However, they scored it 5.5 (inadequate) for pollutants, stating that, "The baby seat fails due to the strict criteria of the pollutant test and is therefore rated as “poor” overall."
Besafe have released a statement in response to ADAC's findings and stated that' "It showed strong performances in the safety category as well as handling and ergonomics, but got downgraded in the total score due to chemical findings. A chemical called naphthalene was detected in one label on our seat in a higher concentration than the test’s maximum value. The chemical limit used in this test is not derived from health aspects though. Independent chemical experts have established that the chemical level found in the label of the BeSafe iZi Go Modular X1 i-Size does not pose a risk to the child’s health."